Monday, August 1, 2011

Random Comic Pick - Episode 17

My random comic pick on The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 17 is the Vertigo series Daytripper written and drawn by Gabriel Bá and Fábio Moon. In this wonderfully drawn and written story about aspiring writer Brás de Oliva Domingos we look into his world at different point in his life. You see every facet of Brás's life, and on this journey through the years we see love, fear, happiness, hope, sorrow and many more emotions most of us take for granted in the moment. Life is beautifully captured in this series, and it is a truly eye opening read.
I have loved this book since I took a chance back in December of 2009 and picked up issue one. Daytripper has become one of my favorite series and it has moved onto my list of all time favorite comic books. I gave a copy of the graphic novel to my father for his birthday back in February and he thoroughly enjoyed it. So, go out and read this fantastic series.

Daytripper won the Eisner for Best Limited Series 2011.

Remember Comics Conspiracy is a great place to order comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment